Test the efficacy of your physicial security features with one of our onsite audits
Safeguard Locksmiths provides expert professional help and advice on physical property security to home and business owners wanting to secure their premises and keep family and valuables safe from criminal elements.
We have knowledgeable and experienced customer service reps to provide you with physical security solutions that offer the best protection for your property. Being a reputable locksmithing business, we have a premium quality product range to help keep properties safe and secure.
Using good quality locks to secure doors and windows is an effective way to deter burglars from attempting opportunist burglaries. Firstly, these make a break-in more of a challenge with intruders choosing to withdraw instead of taking risks. Secondly, not being allowed easy access to windows and doors makes removing larger items next to impossible without raising an alarm.
Checklist essentials for securing your propertyThe first step to securing a property is to identify any weakness in physical security by completing a comprehensive audit of the properties security features. We are happy to send out one of our experienced and knowledgeable customer reps who will conduct a thorough analysis of the property, spot risk areas and make reliable recommendations. On our checklist are these security essentials:
- → Doorways including sliding patio doors and garage doors Interior and exterior doors serve as entryways and exit points which is why they have to be carefully examined for any risk areas. During our audit, we check whether there are adequate safety or security features such as keyed entry locks, viewers and robust deadbolt locks and deadlatches.
- → Windows Do all windows have functioning key locks and can they be secured even when opened a little? Security screens and key operated window locks offer added security benefits.
- → Adequate lighting Are the main entryways and exit points well lit for better visibility and are all the lights in working order? We check for any dark areas around the garage or in the yard that could be potential high risk areas. We talk you through the use of light timers, sensor lighting and floodlights.
- → Improved visibility Trees, shrubs and hedges should be trimmed to ensure that doors and windows can be clearly seen from the outside. House numbers too, should be visible so your house can be easily identified.
Further precautionary measures include:
- → Keep temptation away by ensuring that all valuable outdoor equipment such as grills and lawn mowers and sporting equipment are secured in locked garages or sheds.
- → Always ensure your property is locked, even if you are away for a short while.
- → Install ‘Beware’ and ‘Warning’ signs on windows, gates and boundary walls as an extra deterrent.
- → When going away for an extended period, let neighbours or family members know to keep an eye on your property and to collect any postal deliveries for you. Put a stop to any scheduled newspaper deliveries while you are away.
Physical security is the first line of defence when protecting a property. If you need to completely revamp or upgrade your existing physical security features, Safeguard Locksmiths offers professional advice and a line of high quality products that heighten the security of a home or business premises.